Sure Oak SEO Tools
Keyword rank checker
Enter your domain name
Enter up to ten keywords, one per line
Your Free Online Keyword Position Rank Checker Tool
Want to know how your website landing pages rank on search engines for the keywords you’re targeting? We have a tool that can help you find out.
Checking Your Keyword Positions
The Google rank checker tool helps you check the position your website landing pages are displayed at when a user searches for your targeted keywords.
So, why should you use our keyword rank checker?
Checking and tracking the keyword positions of your website on an ongoing basis is a common practice among website owners and marketers. It enables you to determine just how effectively your current SEO campaign is performing.
Ideally, your website will always appear on the first page (top 10 positions) of search results for your targeted terms.
However, more often than not, these positions are dominated by household names within the industry, particularly for high volume, single word searches. For instance, you’re likely to find sites such as Amazon and Ebay dominating the first couple of results, particularly if your website sells products.
How Does Our Google Keyword Rank Tool Work?
Our tool is free, easy to use, and simple to understand.
Just enter the domain you wish to find related keyword positions for. This can be for any website, including your website, your client’s website, or even a competitor’s.
Second, enter your target keywords. If you don’t know what these are, try entering one to three word phrases that describe what type of services, products or content your business provides. These are the terms you’ll be checking the current positions of your website for.
Lastly, select the number of positions you’d like the checker tool to scan for your website. Remember when we mentioned earlier that the first 10 results were the positions that truly mattered? This is because they typically see the highest number of clicks.
That’s where the ‘check positions upto’ dropdown menu comes in. Here you can select just how far down the results pages you want to check for your website. You can dive as deep as 500 results, which is really helpful if your website is brand new and you’re targeting an extremely competitive keyword or phrase.
Google’s First Page Results, By Numbers
If you’ve checked your website’s positioning and found yourself in the top 10 spots, congratulations!
Unfortunately, your work isn’t necessarily finished.
To give some insight into the percentage of overall traffic your website is likely to receive according to its search position, it’s worthwhile to dive into some stats.
Let’s take Google’s top 10 results, for instance. As the world’s largest search engine, Google is by far the most popular choice for users when searching for a particular query. However, how far up the 1st page your website appears will determine how much search engine traffic you’re likely to receive.
Google’s results are broken into two sections. First are the paid ads. There are typically three of these followed by the second section, which is made up of ten ‘organic’ search results. The organic results appear on the page as a result of merit, rather than payment.
The 10 organic results statistically attract around 90% of users’ clicks, with paid results receiving the other 10%.
Typically, 33% of searchers will click the top position, which is why this is so heavily sought after. Following this, 66% of users will click either the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th results, with clicks diminishing in percentage as we head further down the results page.
In addition to this, less than 5% of users usually click through to the 2nd page, which suggests that if you don’t appear on page 1, it’s not really worth appearing at all.
How Can I Increase My Website’s Keyword Positions?
If you checked your rankings and didn’t make the first page of results or are unhappy with your rank, there are a number of things you can do.
The most notable action you can take is to give Google what it wants. This involves optimizing your website within the more than 200 factors Google uses to determine search results rankings.
We agree that 200 factors sounds like a lot to manage, which is why we collected a list of the main factors Google typically looks toward.
Now that you know why search result rankings are so important, isn’t it about time you checked your website keyword positions?
To enable screen reader support, press ⌘+Option+Z To learn about keyboard shortcuts, press ⌘slash